Admin Guide / Accounts - call for feedback

Vladimir Kosovac vnk at mkc.co.nz
Mon Dec 11 10:09:44 UTC 2006

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Vladimir Kosovac wrote:
>> Greetings, Motley Crew!
>>
>> I have couple of sandboxed pages ready for your review/input at:
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/wiki/VladimirKosovac/StylingPage/WorkPage

There was an error in that uri due to me placing extra `:wiki` path when
creating pages.
It's all fixed now, correct uri is:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/VladimirKosovac/StylingPage/WorkPage

Thanks to Thomas Chung for pointing this out.

> I would like to see how this section fits into the bigger guide. So
> using the drafts space seems to be better.

Most certainly. Due to large number of trial-and-error edits on my part,
as I was learning the basics of the formatting, I thought it would be
better to move this section elsewhere, so edit notifications annoy less
people - only four subscribers in alternate location :o). I'm inclined
to move these few pages back into Drafts, consistency wise it is much
easier for everybody.

 Do we follow the style of
> exposing path and binary names anywhere as compared to highlighting the
> menu entries in the desktop? This section would be good as a reference.

I couldn't find any "prior art" to refer to and thought this would be
good idea from the practicality point of view. We are supposed to show
that commands are run "su -c" way. However, /usr/sbin is not in normal
user's path, so we'd have to write the full path to binary for the
command to work. I got around this with admonition on how to alter $PATH
and use only binary, two pages further down:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/VladimirKosovac/StylingPage/WorkPage/AccountCreationProcess/CreateAccountTUI

I'll keep going and if needed make style changes later on.

| vnk |