IPv6 documentation

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Dec 14 20:08:16 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-12-14 at 16:07 +0100, Peter Vrabec wrote:
> Here we go:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/IPv6Guide
>
> Do you have any idea where I can create link to this page?

Well, you would have it link from Docs/, but we don't put anything there
that hasn't followed the workflow to ensure quality, etc.[1]

This is why I _don't_ recommend putting documents in the root namespace.

If you want this to be a stand-alone document, then we should move it
into Docs/Drafts/ and get people to read it there.  When it is ready,
copy it to Docs/ and make the Docs/Drafts/ space for working on the F*7
version.

Sometimes we can fast-track a document by putting it directly in Docs/
and rapidly cleaning it up.  But if there is not a hurry to publish a
permanent URL that is from under Docs/ namespace, we should use the
regular workflow.

If you want this to be part of an IPv6 project, then that project needs
to make a new namespace (such as fp.org/wiki/IPv6/) and then you can put
the guide under there.

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/WorkFlow

Karsten Wade, RHCE, 108 Editor    ^     Fedora Documentation Project