Test Case for Yum document

John Babich jmbabich at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 16:58:00 UTC 2006

Team Members:

Here is a test case for updating the yum guide, "Managing Software with Yum".

On web page http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/yum/en/sn-yum-proxy-server.html,
there is a typo:

The section:

# The proxy server - proxy server:port number
proxy=http://mycache.mydomain.com:3128
# The account details for yum connections
proxy_username=yum-user
proxy_password=qwerty

should be:

# The proxy server - proxy server:port number
http_proxy=http://mycache.mydomain.com:3128  <==
# The account details for yum connections
proxy_username=yum-user
proxy_password=qwerty

(I found this out the hard way).

The current approach is to file a bug report with bugzilla.
Should we continue with this approach?

Do we correct the wiki version instead and then apply the
fixes to the DocBook version? The wiki page is located at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/SoftwareManagementGuide/YumProxy

This is a real example. I am in the process of documenting the
work flow and really would like feedback on this.

John Babich