fedora-doc-common RPM specfile

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 21:50:27 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-02-01 at 12:50 -0800, Karsten Wade wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-01-31 at 20:17 -0500, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> > I believe some changes are in order for the fedora-doc-common package.
> > Rather than having this package "roll" forever with a "cvsYYYYMMDD"
> > designator, I think it will be preferable, both for us and Fedora
> > Extras, to simply version/release tag the specfile, per normal, and "cvs
> > tag" the docs-common module with that version/release combo.  If you
> > want to see the current state of the file, look at this URL:
> >
> > http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/docs-common/packaging/fedora-doc-common.spec?viewcvs=docs&view=markup
>
> That gen'd a 400 error for me.

Only because I em stoopid.  Honestly, would you think it was so hard to
use copy+paste?  :-(  In my defense, 95% of the time I do it, I just
save the typos for the 5% of my work that goes out into the googlemind.
*sigh*

http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/docs-common/packaging/fedora-doc-common.spec?root=docs&view=markup

> Regardless, what you propose to me sounds sane and the Right Thing To
> Do.

Hopefully Ignacio agrees.  He is buried in some other work right now but
I know he will get to this when he has a chance.