[RFC] Towards translatable entities

Tommy Reynolds Tommy.Reynolds at MegaCoder.com
Sat Feb 25 00:02:04 UTC 2006

Uttered "Paul W. Frields" <stickster at gmail.com>, spake thus:

> I'll come right out and admit my first thought was to say "uh, erm,
> *mumble*, duh...", but instead I gamely took this the way it was
> undoubtedly intended, as an opportunity to rise to the occasion.  And
> judging by how fast I did this, it's either (1) the obvious solution to
> this problem *and* world peace; (2) not as hard as it sounds; or (3)
> evidence I am FLAT-OUT ROCKING.  (I was holding out for (3) but my wife
> is giving me funny looks, so I'm down to hoping for one of the other
> two.)

"Take the pebble from my hand, Grasshopper."
"Time for you to go."

Ultra-cool solution.  I just learned something, too.

We can use my entities DTD/XSL to maintain the entities in a
centralized location and keep their translation process intact.

Nothing wrong with using entities, per se, it's just that we didn't
have a good way for selecting the proper set based on the locale
setting.

Now, keeping in mind your just-established world land speed record,
for extra credit:

Can you build a CATALOG so that one need not have Internet access to
use this technique?

Good work: it reminds me of me.

Cheers!