Fedora survey results

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 19:41:41 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-03 at 12:39 -0500, Tim Burke wrote:
> I hope you all had a great holiday. Sorry for the delay, and a sincere
> thanks to all who participated in the survey.  The results of this
> survey are hung off the fedoraproject.org marketing page under a
> feedback section.
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/Fedora

I would highly recommend all DocMonkeys check out the results -- at
least the summary -- listed on the URL above.  Of special concern for
us:

A.  "Improve documentation and release notes" was priority #3 on the
list of 12, right behind "Improve overall stability" and "Implement new
features."

B.  Documentation appeared on the performance list in position #11 of
11.  Yikes.  161 responses considered documentation performance as
"strong good to excellent," while 277 called it "poor."

Certainly we all know that we're hampered somewhat by a lower level of
involvement from the community than, say, Fedora Extras.  But surely we
have made and can continue to make improvements.  Let the discussion
commence!

I think this should be on our agenda for today's FDSCo meeting if
possible, so some initial responses can make it to the minutes posted
here later tonight/tomorrow.