Separate directories for each Language for Release notes (and other docs)

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 05:50:12 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-01-07 at 09:42 +0530, A Singh Alam wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am working for Translation (now for Release Notes), I found there is
> single Directory as
>
> release-notes/
>

> 319 Files are there,
>
> but why not we make Separate Directory for Each Language
>
> -> with this big number of file in a single folder, it is somehow
> difficult to only "en" files
>
> ->New Translator will find this easy to copy "en" folder as Template to
> his/her Language (like "pa")
>
> ->Easy to Maintain each language (as I would like to work for Punjabi
> and I need to check only "en" and "pa" folder for those)
>
> ->If there is any problem with Language, then easy to check a folder and
> fix, then searching in big list for files

If we are going to make any such change, we should probably make it
globally.  Having only one document use this convention adds needless
complexity to our processes.  I'm not opposed to doing this, but it
needs to be a global decision either way.

Tommy, although this would necessitate some changes (obviously),
wouldn't it make some of the scripting easier in the long run?  IOW, I'm
thinking of the recent deal with having to put naming conventions in
place for figs/ stuff, which you solved of course, but wouldn't this
alleviate that problem and make such a situation less likely for other
processes we might invent later?