New Makefile targets

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 23:25:12 UTC 2006

There are a couple of new Makefile targets available as part of our
march toward test3 and hopefully some usable RPM packages.  Between
Tommy and me, we've made it pretty easy for you to make additions to the
rpm-info.xml file without a lot of excess work.

"make clog" - Use this target any time you add information to a document
or need to roll a new RPM.  The target provides prompting to create a
new <revision> entry at the top of the <changelog> node set.  (Currently
you still need to change the DOCVERSION and DOCDATE entities in your
document manually, but I will work on alleviating that requirement.)

"make colophon" - Provides prompting to create a new <worker> entry in
the <colophon> node set.  Same rules apply. :-)

Keep in mind the approximate workflow if you have a document that you
haven't yet converted to use the new rpm-info.xml file.  (If you don't
have an "rpm-info.xml" file, you and your translators will be unable to
build the document.)