Updated Server Guide for Fedora Core 5

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Sat Jul 1 14:29:59 UTC 2006

Paul W. Frields wrote:

> On Fri, 2006-06-30 at 16:05 +1000, Miles Brennan wrote:
>> I wrote the "Linux Home Server HOWTO" which is located at
>> http://www.brennan.id.au, and I have just recently updated the
>> documentation for Fedora Core 5, this was an extensive rewrite (with
>> further additional info) for many chapters.
>>
>> The HOWTO is approx 20 chapters which covers all aspects of setting up
>> FC as a home gateway server as a step-by-step guide for beginners to
>> intermediates - yum, bind (with DDNS update conf), ntpd, dhcpd, squid,
>> sendmail, dovecot, spamassassin, clamav (and milter), vsftpd, cups,
>> sshd, mysqld, samba, nfs (and V4), and ldap etc... and a chapter
>> explaining the concepts of iptables/firewall configs.

> Hi Miles.  I took a quick look at your extensive (and commendable!)
> work, and had the following constructive observations:
>
> 1.  The document is licensed as CC BY-NC-SA, so you would need to
> relicense it as OPL 1.0 [2] for the Fedora Documentation Project to use
> it.
>
> 2.  The document would benefit from style editing.

While I don't disagree with your comments,
I would be much more enthusiastic about this document.

I haven't read it carefully,
but at a first glance it looked like exactly what I needed
a few months ago, when setting up apache, etc, on my desktop.

I haven't seen a similar document elsewhere.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366