Wireless Guide / NTFS Guide / New writing

Adam Moreland journo_bouy at hotmail.co.uk
Mon Jul 3 14:17:14 UTC 2006

having read your comments Rahul, i see the troubles. I can also see that
more work needs to be done to show the native drivers, and the cards they
work with. Many users just buy NIC's and have to use ndiswrapper, or other
technology. I see the drivers list is growing for support for wireless, but
can these guides be made more availble, and put in some section of its own.
Please forgive me if this is already the case, but after a very short search
(so apologies if im wrong) it seems there is little to help show me what
devioces are allowed, and what can be used nativly, and thus what i should
buy as a wireless NIC to have full native support as standard.

Forgive my outburts also. It is a hot day here, and the lengthy process
takes its toll on many a user at times. I have used ndiswrapper for a long
while, and it is far from great, hence the need for such guides, but i also
am keen to see the development of open source native drivers, so perhaps
guides to this degree and to this point should be made, and amalgamated into
one section suitable for publication in its own wiki pages, and avaiable on
the main fedora websites??

NTFS, guide could still be done then, if written correctly, am i right in
assuming this?? I think i need help, before ploughing into documentation,
with such complex legal, or patent encumbered policies, and apologies for
the seemingly rediculous arguements i have amde, it is simply just not
enough to have aone or two docs on the subject, we need guides and
recomendations on where to get this stuff (native drivers i mean) and if
they are shippe,d how to active them.

Mr Adam L Moreland (MAniX) | Registered Linux User: #417406
BA (Hons) Media Studies, 2nd Year, UoN
WEB: http://www.manix-place.co.uk
BLOG:http://www.2welshmen-and-a-sheep.co.uk
****
System: Pentium 4 SKT478 2.8GHz Precott, AMD Athlon XP-M 2800+ | GPG Key:
AC230C32
****
pub 1024D/AC230C32 2006-05-21
Key fingerprint = 14F4 50F5 806C 25A5 B33C C2BF 982C 87B7 AC23 0C32
uid Adam Moreland (MAniX)
sub 2048g/A471FCE7 2006-05-21
****