The moin->docbook conversion

Mikko Virkkilä mvirkkil at cc.hut.fi
Tue Jul 4 05:15:16 UTC 2006

I'm a Google Summer of Code 2006 student working on improving the way moin
can handle docbook.

I'm wrapping up the first stage which was about going from a wikipage to docbook.

The test wiki is at http://docbook.wikiwikiweb.de

Feel free to try it out.

Some stuff in the
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/WritingUsingTheWiki don't apply
to this wiki:
  * WikiNames get converted in to complete urls
  * FootNote macro works
  * Include macro works, but a new similar macro called Insert is
preferred.
  * TableOfContents-macro gets automatically ignored
  * Admonition-macro for generating admonitions.

I have still some minor code cleaning to do, but this part should be
feature complete. Please don't hesitate to report bugs directly to me.

Next I'll start working on converting a docbook to the moin-syntax.

Cheers,
Mikko