Fedora Installation Guide writer opening

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 14:18:25 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-07-22 at 10:15 +0530, Chidananda Jayakeerti wrote:
> I feel at home with vi for docbook and wouldn't mind a better tool to
> edit documents. Currently  I use vi to edit docbook documents and use
> the docbook utils to convert them to the necessary formats. Using vi
> and rendering with docbook-tools is laborious and time consuming.
>
> I'm curious about the development environment of other writers as well
> and wonder if there are any better tools/methods for document
> generation.

Most of the senior editors around here use Emacs and psgml.  We have a
complete toolchain for rendering documents into HTML so you can check
output in your favorite Web browser.  We can take original composition
in other forms, but since the canonical IG is already in DocBook in our
CVS, it really makes more sense to work on it there.

If we have a team willing to work in DocBook and in CVS, and they do the
necessary work to get a CVS account (CLA, etc.), I will be happy to
sponsor them and we can simply restrict access to the installation-guide
module for now.

As an aside, plain text messages to the list are appreciated since HTML
throws a lot of Linux email clients for a loop.