Fedora Installation Guide writer opening

Rahul sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sun Jul 23 16:37:48 UTC 2006

James McElhannon wrote:

> Karsten Wade wrote:
>> On Fri, 2006-07-21 at 09:28 +0530, Rahul wrote:
>>
>>> So absolutely noone wants to get involved?
>>>
>>> We have a fair list of potential people here -
>>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/Contributors
>> Personally, I would like to know what the other 95% of our 600+
>> subscribers are interested in doing ... and why they are not doing it.
>>
>> As has been said, they can't really be only interested in "learned
>> discussions of documentation tools."
>>
>> - Karsten
>>

> Before I decide exactly how angry I am at this comment, I wanted first
> to verify a few things.

Not sure what you are angry about.

> For the folks on the list with redhat email addresses, isn't it your job
> to be participants in this and other related projects?  Isn't it your
> job to increase the participation in such projects and to heighten the
> profile of Fedora?

A handful of Red Hat people are working on Fedora full time as part of
their day job and neither me nor Karsten are part of that group. We are
volunteers just like anyone else here and email addresses dont change
that. I would consider it good if anyone interested in Fedora encourages
other people to participate in the different Fedora projects or better
yet participate themselves and thats what exactly what we are doing.

Rahul