Fedora FAQs in Docs?

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Jul 26 17:43:09 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-07-26 at 18:28 +0100, Dimitris Glezos wrote:
> O/H Karsten Wade έγραψε:
> > On Wed, 2006-07-26 at 03:50 +0100, Dimitris Glezos wrote:
> >> Hi all.
> >>
> >> Are there any plans to move the FAQs from the wiki to the Docs?
> >
> > What we planned, at the suggestion of Rahul, is to pull the FAQ directly
> > into the release notes.  This puts the data on the local system for
> > off-line value, linked directly from the default Firefox homepage.
>
> -1. The FAQs might increase in size and the RN are already quite large
> (especially with nochunks).

I think the idea of including it in fedora-release-note would be as a
separate HTML file, *not* as part of the release note HTML itself.

This is the bug that Rahul filed, btw:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/showdependencytree.cgi?id=197471&hide_resolved=1

> Great then. Can someone point out the process of extracting the data
> from the wiki?

We need to update our Wiki to the latest MoinMoin code, that support the
output to XML with fixes that Mikko has been working on for his Summer
of Code project.

Fedora Infrastructure has the action for the upgrade and is working on
it.  We'll get updates from the OTRS ticket:

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/tickets/customer.pl?Action=CustomerTicketZoom&TicketID=67

Karsten Wade, RHCE, 108 Editor    ^     Fedora Documentation Project