Fedora FAQs in Docs?

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Sat Jul 29 16:05:22 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-07-26 at 19:11 +0100, Dimitris Glezos wrote:
> O/H Karsten Wade έγραψε:

> > I think the idea of including it in fedora-release-note would be as a
> > separate HTML file, *not* as part of the release note HTML itself.
>
> Sorry Karsten, didn't realize that you meant "directly into the release
> notes" *package*.

Yes, sorry, this package is new.  We have had a CVS repository for a
while, but the output ended up in the fedora-release package.  We
(meaning Paul W. Frield with the support of Jesse Keating) have created
a new fedora-release-notes package.

This means we can issue updates for content and translation.  This was
harder to do with the fedora-release package.

> I believe translators will prefer the two docs (relnotes and faq) to
> have different PO files and not one.

We'll just have to hack the Makefile a bit for that, right?

If you can, take a look at what that would take.  I just checked in a
current dump to DocBook of the FAQ, release-notes/devel/en_US/FAQ.xml.
Can you get a stand-alone FAQ.po out of that?

If so, then we'll look at treating the FAQ like we do the Docs/Beats and
RELEASE-NOTES.po -- freezing, converting to XML, and including in
i18n.r.c for everyone to translate.

Karsten Wade, RHCE, 108 Editor    ^     Fedora Documentation Project