FedoraXenQuickstartFC5

Yoshihiro Totaka fedoradesktop at yahoo.co.jp
Thu Jun 1 12:29:55 UTC 2006

Noriko Mizumoto wrote:

> Paul W. Frields wrote:
>> On Wed, 2006-05-31 at 09:35 -0500, Tommy Reynolds wrote:
>>
>>> Noriko,
>>>
>>> Yes, the proper edicate here is to contact the document's "owner" as
>>> listed in the "owners.list" that you can get by:
>>>
>>> $ cvs co owners
>>>
>>> (assuming that your CVSROOT is setup correctly)
>>>
>>> For something as simple as a typo, you could possibly just fix it
>>> yourself
>>> and send the author an email notification, but some authors may not be
>>> that lenient.  I'd check first, because that is the "one true way"
>>> around here.
>>

>> Is that document on the wiki?  If so, and if Noriko has an account there
>> he could even fix the English.  I'm in agreement with his proposed edit,
>> FWIW. :-)
>>
> Hi Tommy and Paul
>
> Thank you for your help!
> This document is on the wiki, yes.
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraXenQuickstartFC5
> It seems I do not have an account yet.
> I did try cvs co owners, and permission denied.
>
> I am reading 'Sigining Up' of
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/NewWriters.
> 1. done... it was little long time ago, where did I store it???
> 2. done
> 3. done
> 4. struggling... as super beginner of gpg stuff :(
>
> If I can successfully go through all the process, where can I find the
> document to touch?
>
> For a suggestion, if I contact the owner directly and he/she make a
> change, how can other translators know the change applied?

Hi, I do not think most of wiki page have an original document. Some of
wiki contents even develop from a mail sent to mailing lists. To track
the change of the page, a translator should subscribe to the page, so
they will be notified by a mail when there is any update. Diffs can be
found from "Get Info".

Currently wiki translation is very messy state, but once CMS is
introduced, the situation might improve.

Yoshihiro