Generating docbooks from moinmoin (wiki)

Mikko Virkkilä mvirkkil at cc.hut.fi
Mon Jun 5 17:12:18 UTC 2006

Hello everyone,

As my Google Summer of Code project, I'm going to work on improving and
extending the way the wiki works with docbooks.

For those of you who don't know, there is some support in the moinmoin
wiki for generating different formats as output. One of  these formats is
docbook, but unfortunately the current docbook formatter is buggy.

My project has started with fixing existing bugs, and thus making a
page in the wiki exportable as a docbook article. At this point this
initial step is mostly done, and I'll set up a test wiki in the next few
days for you to test it out and find bugs.

To read more about the progress and plans for this project, please check
out http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MoinDocBookProject and the links there.

Your feedback, comments and ideas, as well as bugreports later on, are all
very welcome. I'm already hanging at #fedora-docs as mvirkkil so if you
have some thoughts about all this, please don't be shy :). You can
naturally also e-mail me at mvirkkil at cc.hut.fi.

Cheers,

Mikko Virkkilä