Self-introduction: Dimitris Glezos

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Sat Jun 24 16:24:07 UTC 2006

Hi all.

Since I started contributing in the Fedora Docs Project, posting a
self-introduction message for anyone who would like to
reference or read wouldn't be a bad idea I guess.

Probably the most relevant to the docs project from the following is
that I started and maintained the greek PHP manual translation, which is
docbook-based too.

Aggregated info can be found on my fedora page at:

   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DimitrisGlezos

Regrads,

-Dim

1. Full name      - Dimitris G. Glezos (aka Dim/Jim)

2. City, Country  - Patras/Athens (Greece), Limassol (Cyprus)

3. Student status - PhD student

    * Research interests: Semantic web, Interoperability, Information
      integration & accessibility, Knowledge representation.

4. School         - University of Manchester, UK (previously
                     Comp Eng/ing @ CEID, Patras, Greece)

5. Your goals in the Fedora Project

   * What do you want to write about?

     - First of all, make Fedora have 100% greek support (that includes
       fonts that work, translations and docs).
     - Contribute to the docs project and marketing.
     - Goal: Increase the Fedora usage percentage in Greece and Cyprus.

   * What other documentation do you want to see published?

     - More user-friendly tutorials.
     - More complete and detailed roadmap, ideas etc, to enhance the
       community spirit.

6.  Historical qualifications

   * What other projects or writing have you worked on in the past?

     Projects:
     - Software patents: Worked for two years as greek coordinator for
       the anti-software patents fight. Wrote a dozen press releases,
       lobbyied several times in the EU parliament and worked a lot with
       politicians & the media; contacted and referenced me many times.
     - Initiated & maintained the greek PHP manual translation
       for 2 years (Docbook).
     - LUGs: Coordinator of Cyprus LUG for some years.

     Writing:
     - I write a lot in my weblog, which could be characterized as
       "popular" in the greek tech world.
     - Got referenced by some greek computer magazines for "Aloha 2.6"
       article about 2.6 kernel arrival.

   * What level and type of computer skills do you have?

     - Much experience with portal development, PHP/XML/XSLT, database
       designing, scripting, Latex.
     - Portal/website usability & accessibility consultant.

   * What other skills do you have that might be applicable?

     - Good intuition/knowledge for usable UI design.
     - Lots, LOTS of ideas coming and going for almost everything around
       me (warning: this sometimes gets people frustrated...)
     - Amateur photographer and designer (websites, logos etc).

   * Why should we trust you?

     - Long-time FOSS and SwPat activist in Cyprus and Greece.
     - Coordinator and participant in many greek FOSS projects.
     - Always used real name for all e-life activities.

7. GPG KEYID and fingerprint

   pub   1024D/A5A04C3B 2002-09-23
       Key fingerprint = ED86 AFE1 512D C8A6 241D  0975 8080 8A81 A5A0 4C3B
   uid                  Dimitris Glezos <dimitris at glezos.com>
   sub   3072g/B0CF5ACE 2002-09-23

--
Dimitris Glezos