Self-introduction: Dimitris Glezos
dimitris at glezos.com
Sat Jun 24 16:24:07 UTC 2006
Since I started contributing in the Fedora Docs Project, posting a
self-introduction message for anyone who would like to
reference or read wouldn't be a bad idea I guess.
Probably the most relevant to the docs project from the following is
that I started and maintained the greek PHP manual translation, which is
Aggregated info can be found on my fedora page at:
1. Full name - Dimitris G. Glezos (aka Dim/Jim)
2. City, Country - Patras/Athens (Greece), Limassol (Cyprus)
3. Student status - PhD student
* Research interests: Semantic web, Interoperability, Information
integration & accessibility, Knowledge representation.
4. School - University of Manchester, UK (previously
Comp Eng/ing @ CEID, Patras, Greece)
5. Your goals in the Fedora Project
* What do you want to write about?
- First of all, make Fedora have 100% greek support (that includes
fonts that work, translations and docs).
- Contribute to the docs project and marketing.
- Goal: Increase the Fedora usage percentage in Greece and Cyprus.
* What other documentation do you want to see published?
- More user-friendly tutorials.
- More complete and detailed roadmap, ideas etc, to enhance the
6. Historical qualifications
* What other projects or writing have you worked on in the past?
- Software patents: Worked for two years as greek coordinator for
the anti-software patents fight. Wrote a dozen press releases,
lobbyied several times in the EU parliament and worked a lot with
politicians & the media; contacted and referenced me many times.
- Initiated & maintained the greek PHP manual translation
for 2 years (Docbook).
- LUGs: Coordinator of Cyprus LUG for some years.
- I write a lot in my weblog, which could be characterized as
"popular" in the greek tech world.
- Got referenced by some greek computer magazines for "Aloha 2.6"
article about 2.6 kernel arrival.
* What level and type of computer skills do you have?
- Much experience with portal development, PHP/XML/XSLT, database
designing, scripting, Latex.
- Portal/website usability & accessibility consultant.
* What other skills do you have that might be applicable?
- Good intuition/knowledge for usable UI design.
- Lots, LOTS of ideas coming and going for almost everything around
me (warning: this sometimes gets people frustrated...)
- Amateur photographer and designer (websites, logos etc).
* Why should we trust you?
- Long-time FOSS and SwPat activist in Cyprus and Greece.
- Coordinator and participant in many greek FOSS projects.
- Always used real name for all e-life activities.
7. GPG KEYID and fingerprint
pub 1024D/A5A04C3B 2002-09-23
Key fingerprint = ED86 AFE1 512D C8A6 241D 0975 8080 8A81 A5A0 4C3B
uid Dimitris Glezos <dimitris at glezos.com>
sub 3072g/B0CF5ACE 2002-09-23
Jabber ID: glezos at jabber.org, PGP: 0xA5A04C3B
"He who gives up functionality for ease of use
loses both and deserves neither." (Anonymous)
More information about the fedora-docs-list