Minutes of FDSCo Meeting 9th May 2006

Stuart Ellis stuart at elsn.org
Wed May 10 02:42:26 UTC 2006

Attending Members:
------------------

Karsten Wade (quaid)
Tommy Reynolds (megacoder)
Paul Frields (stickster)
Gavin Henry (ghenry)
Stuart Ellis (elliss)

Also Participating:
-------------------

Bob Jensen (EvilBob, and BobJensen)
Scott Glaser (Sonar_Guy)
RahulSundaram (mether)

Schedule of Tasks:
------------------

http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/FedoraDocsSchedule

Highlights:
-----------

- The meeting was taken up with a wide-ranging discussion on the future
shape of the Documentation Project. It has become apparent that project
the Project needs to evolve, in order to attract and maintain a
significant level of contributors.

Karsten summarises the plan that emerged:

"1. Consolidate Beats into functional groups to work on topic areas
2. Relnotes are only one of the Beats outputs
3. Enable Beat groups to contribute little bits by using a queue within the CMS
3.1 This means each Beat needs a strong leader/editor type
4. Beat groups work on outputting one guide or several tutorials based around their area
5. Incoming docs e.g. RHEL docs, usable LDP or other OPL content, etc. are parsed into the Beats in chunks (chunk == all of the content about a topic area)
6. We ask all writers to choose one or more Beats to join, now and when new; then we can populate their queue with relevant
bits to work on.
7. Every content area gets double+ coverage to give relief/back-up"

- The Installation Guide and Yum tutorial now need new maintainers, as the current maintainer will not be able to support them for a period of time.

Full IRC Log:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-dsco-list/2006-May/msg00001.html