cvs - error / help + more

Tommy Reynolds megacoder at gmail.com
Wed May 31 21:36:13 UTC 2006

> [adam_laura at localhost ~]$ cvs co docs-common
> The authenticity of host 'cvs.fedora.redhat.com (209.132.176.51)' can't be
> established.
> RSA key fingerprint is dd:0d:f1:d6:e2:f6:39:cf:ca:6b:03:28:8d:84:3a:d5.
> Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes
> Warning: Permanently added 'cvs.fedora.redhat.com,209.132.176.51' (RSA) to
> the list of known hosts.
> For more information on using the Fedora source code repositories,
> please visit http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/UsingCvs
> Permission denied (publickey,keyboard-interactive).
> cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if
> any)
> [adam_laura at localhost ~]$

Try running the cvs command using the "-t" switch to turn on tracing
of the communications.  Unless you have already set your SSH passphrase
with the ssh-add program, the first thing you should see is the CVS server
asking for your passphrase; this is how my trace starts:

$  cvs -t co -c
 -> main loop with CVSROOT=:ext:jtr at cvs.fedoraproject.org:/cvs/docs
 -> Starting server: /usr/bin/ssh -l jtr cvs.fedoraproject.org cvs server