what next?

Bela Pesics bela.pesics at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 19:28:37 UTC 2006

On 11/6/06, Dimitris Glezos <dimitris at glezos.com> wrote:

> Some sample contents:
>
>    * Introduction
>      - The Fedora Project
>        + What is Fedora, FOSS, History
>        + Getting help, Communicating, Participating
>      - Packages
>      - Glossary (jargon-buster)
>    * Fedora Core 7: Tour, Release notes
>    * Installing Fedora Core
>    * Using Fedora's desktop
>    * System administration
>    * Tips and tricks
>
> And here are some more references:
>
>    * TLDP guides [4]
>    * Old "Linux Manuals and Documentation" page [5]
>    * Gentoo Linux x86 Handbook [6]

Pretty nice examples, consider the structure of these as well:

http://www.freebsd.org/docs.html
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/

I can also imagine using http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/ for something. I
am curious if the referenced materials could be used to put together a
handbook without double efforts in a efficient way.

And finally don't forget

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/ref-guide/
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/security-guide/
(e.g. the vpn question)
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/step-guide/

Obviously these are not fedora docs and most people using fedora know
about them, however not everybody, and these are not compatible
everywhere, but I am sure there are some useful peaces. So they should
be referenced somehow. (sometimes better than empty wiki pages)

In addition I could see a current sysconfig documentation with
comments and examples very useful, that would solve many problems.

Bela