what next?

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Nov 9 16:01:01 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-11-07 at 09:09 -0500, Sam Folk-Williams wrote:

> +1 on this. I would really like to see a kbase for Fedora. I think it's
> an excellent way to organize a large number of targeted how-to articles.
> It can also be a lot easier for a contributor to write a brief kbase
> than to get involved with a larger "guide" type of document. Then, guide
> writers can pull from the kbase for ideas as well.

Do you want this enough to help with the research and implementation? :D
I added you to the task on the task schedule, let me know if you cannot
work on this over the next few months, and we'll figure something else
out.

Tasks include figuring out what tool is best (work with FI directly or
through mmcgrath) and what processes to use.  We might be able to make
this part of Plone.  We certainly want to consider all the various
problems of a kbase and how to mitigate them.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/SteeringCommittee/TaskSchedule

We definitely want kbase to reference larger content, and a
process/workflow that allows us to easily edit kbase entries.

Karsten Wade, RHCE, 108 Editor    ^     Fedora Documentation Project