FC7 through FC10 Name Proposals

Francesco Ugolini francesco.ugolini at fedoraproject.org
Sat Nov 11 15:01:20 UTC 2006

samavedam vijay ha scritto:
> the name better be something which is challenging to windows vista!!
> the code name can be fedora emperor or something which can dominate
> windws vista!!
2010 will be the fourth centenary of Galileo Galilei's experimental
dimostration of Heliocentric  Model, that, surely, changed the vision of
the world and give scientist a miliar stone to improve their works. I
want to propose, if is possible, to give a code name (to one of the two
distribution of 2010) that remember this event. I have a proposal:/
Sidereus/ , that is a part of the title (Sidereus Nuntius) of the book
write by Galilei about the question.

I think that Open Source can be considered a Revolution in two sense: as
a return to a past condition of freedom and as the beggining oof a new
era. This, also, can be considered as  a miliar stone for  the future as
the Copernican revolution was and, actually, is.

This is my opinion, what do you think ?

Francesco Ugolini