Self-introduction: Dave Wolinski

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 00:37:44 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-11-13 at 16:49 -0500, Sam Folk-Williams wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-11-13 at 16:08 -0500, David Wolinski wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > My name is Dave Wolinski.  I live in the Boston, MA, area and do
> > research/development work for MIT Lincoln Laboratory.
> >
> > I've been a Red Hat enthusiast for many years and use Fedora both at
> > work and home.  I've been consistently impressed with the quality of
> > this free product and would like to give something back to the Fedora
> > community.  Since I'm basically a hack programmer, it seems that
> > documentation would be a good way to achieve this goal (and hopefully
> > learn something in the process).  Like exercising or other painful but
> > rewarding activities, I enjoy having written (i.e. past tense) something
> > well.
> >
> > In my limited spare time I hope to contribute to the very finite (though
> > interesting) topic of building a customized kernel (thanks to Sam F-W
> > for steering me this way).
> >

> Welcome Dave :-)
>
> Dave has contacted me off-line about adding a how-to for how to do
> kernel compiles in Fedora (like to apply a patch). He and are working on
> this together.

Excellent!  Make sure you visit the Release Notes beat regarding this
subject to make sure our technical advice lines up correctly.  I believe
there may be a bug in Bugzilla attaching someone's prior work on this
subject as well, but it had some technical holes.  You may be able to
salvage some of the narrative, work in the newer and more accurate
technical parts, and add to it your own material.  Let the list know
if/when you need help.