FDSCo semi-meeting minutes

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Nov 15 17:08:48 UTC 2006

Due to sudden familiness, I wasn't able to attend the meeting yesterday.
Some stuff was discussed, I dragged it from the IRC log, and here it is:

* New Fedora Infrastructure (FI) members have been working on putting
squid proxies in front of Moin Moin.  However, taking advantage of the
proxies requires an update to 1.5+ or another patch.

* They are also putting together a test instance of the Wiki in the
Phoenix datacenter.  This lets us test upgrades and see what problems we
are going to have with migrating content, etc.

* Paul requested that the governor that limits how hard pages can be hit
be removed either permanently or during release cycles.  We need this so
we can get the relnotes as XML out of Docs/Beats/ using a script.  Since
only CLA-having people can edit the Wiki, there is probably no need for
the governor.  Mike McGrath/FI will look into this.

* Not covered in this meeting, but worth noting:
  - Python versioning on fpserv.fedoraproject.org is preventing us from
rolling out the Plone instance.  We are waiting for upgrading to RHEL
5/CentOS 5 to get the new Python version.  This pushes the Plone roll
out back to at least January 2007.

Karsten Wade, RHCE, 108 Editor    ^     Fedora Documentation Project