Self-introduction: Thierry Sayegh De Bellis

Thierry Sayegh De Bellis linux at glossolalie.org
Tue Nov 21 20:10:07 UTC 2006

Hi everyone,

Since my name is a bit of a mouthful I usually just go by Thierry :-)

I currently live in Cambridge, UK and work for Motorola as a result of a
recent acquisition of my employer by said Motorola mammoth. I have been
traditionally responsible for anything and everything pertaining to
Linux in the business where we mainly use RHEL. Typical exposure would
be the corporate web server, some mysql/postgres, ftp, proxy, nfs/nis or
a CPU farm running a mixture of x86 and x86_64 arch with too much RAM. I
also help with our SCM solution (perforce) and our document management
suite.

Due to my friendliness with foreign languages and the fact that I have
traveled a bit (lived in France (home), Ireland, Italy (the missus'
home) and now UK) and speak 3 languages on a daily basis, I have been
known to work as a French  translator (actually running the French team)
being responsible for the localization of tech manuals, proof-reading,
appropriate Q&A and DTP quality control as well as tech & linguistic
accuracy.

I fell into IT acting as the part-time sysadmin and within a year ended
up being the full-time IT guy, a 'jack of all trades' role where i was
dabbing at Netware, Windows and Linux. My then boss paid for my training
and so did my following employers; or I did it myself. I own a few MCP
and am RHCE on RHEL ES 4.

This background probably makes me a kind of engineer who knows how to
spell most of the time and has some heterogeneous systems integration
mileage.

My first Linux install was from a few floppies back in '93 (slack?) to a
continuous stream of various Redhat flavors, the fedora beta and now
rebuilding my home network using FC6. RAID, rsync and all that jazz...

On my spare time I try to learn python (real newbie) when not enjoying
some quality time with my best half.

I am willing to give a hand and am open to ideas as to where I can be
useful.

cheers

Thierry

PGP stuff:

pub  1024D/56ED7D5A 2006-11-21 Thierry Sayegh De Bellis
<linux at glossolalie.org>
Key fingerprint = 9976 11FE D9C6 8C67 6242  7BB1 6466 3F1D 56ED 7D5A
sub  2048g/3DCF5AFB 2006-11-21

Key available on the MIT keyserver and at
http://www.glossolalie.com/linux.asc