Lest anyone think we're alone...

Dan Smith draciron at gmail.com
Sat Nov 25 06:59:34 UTC 2006

I've already signed up with the Fedora document project and am deep into the
first documents. I use KDE myself so I'll probably not sign up as a Gnome
writer except maybe for specific Gnome apps I like or a more general part of
the process.

What I would like to see is more cooperation between KDE, Gnome and other
desktop managers. Linux is about freedom right? Yet distros like Ubuntu
don't even bother including KDE in the base install. Gnome under SUSE can be
a real pain. What major distro doesn't include not just both but other
commonly used desktop managers?  I'm seeing clique like behavior. Elitism
and snobbery that will turn people away from Linux in droves.  The C/C++
snobbery has already hurt Linux badly. I'm sorry but not everybody like C
based languages. We should be bending over backwards to accomadate people
not drive them away from Linux.

My 2 cents.

Drac