splash page + tracking image example

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Thu Oct 5 01:22:51 UTC 2006

O/H Rahul Sundaram έγραψε:
> Karsten Wade wrote:
>> I've got the changes made in the XML in my local sandbox.  Here is what
>> it looks like when rendered:
>>
>> https://quaid.108.redhat.com/nonav/fedora/homepage/index-en_US.html
>>
>> I chose to use a column instead of putting another [Note] at the top
>> because that would uselessly push the more meaningful content too far
>> down the page.
>>
>> Max, Greg -- comments?
>>

> [...]
> The last sentence about funding seems to add to the confusion rather
> than help clarify it. I would advise dropping that. Maybe we should add
> a sentence last that says "If you are not online and do not wish to be
> counted, you can simply change this homepage".

If we do go for it, I suggest that we should give the user the choice not to
participate in the user-counting process but still retain the beautiful homepage
that might help him use his/her Desktop in a better way. (Eg just have the
user-counting box removed.)

Just for the record, I still don't agree with the particular solution (tracker
image) at this exact time (6 days before the release) with this amount of
discussion and opinions heard. My thoughts can be found at [1].

-dim

[1]: http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-docs-list/2006-September/msg00114.html

--
Dimitris Glezos