(read this one) Re: Firefox splash page tracker

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Thu Oct 5 15:22:44 UTC 2006

On Wed, 4 Oct 2006, Karsten Wade wrote:

> That all said, I'm a good soldier when treated like one.  If you have a
> direct order, and sorry if I missed that happen, go ahead and make it.
> As commander you'll take some heat.  Fedora may take some heat as well,
> but if you are convinced that the value of this data is greater than the
> devalue of the heat, then I'll keep the faith and go ahead.

No, that's not what I want to do.  See my latest on f-a-b in which I am
leaving the decision to a subset of folks (the only one of whom who works
for Red Hat is Karsten).

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-advisory-board/2006-October/msg00038.html

The only "direct order" that I'm comfortable with issuing is:

Even though we're at the last minute, we need *some kind of solution* for
FC6.

I do not want to "order" folks to do something that so many of them are
opposed to.  Especially folks who are working on Fedora out of the
kindness of their own hearts, folks for whom I am not their "manager",
etc.

--
Max Spevack
+ http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MaxSpevack