Here is my challenge, let's see if we can do it!

Markus McLaughlin markmc34 at verizon.net
Thu Oct 5 20:11:03 UTC 2006

UBUNTU!  This is all I hear and read about these days, every other
Linux OS is suffering because of it!  And what is worse, Windows
Vista is trying to lure people away from Linux altogether.  This has
to slow down or stop completely.  Ubuntu just came out with its first
Official Handbook, this is not good for us, Fedora Fans/Programmers.
SO!  I propose we band together and crank out a $20 Handbook with FC
7 DVD, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Client Demo CD with PDF Intro to RH
Enterprise Linux 5 Client/Server, AND a FREE PDF for the next Fedora
Core, version 7.  To test out what we will write, we should put
together a FREE PDF "Handbook" for Fedora Core 6.  If that proves
successful, we should move forward to Fedora Core 7.  FC7 must have
the PDF and an order form web site link for the book itself on the
DVD release.  Half of the proceeds must go to the Red Cross (http://
www.redcross.org) aiding Hurricane Katrina Relief with the other half
to pay for blank media for copying the ISO images from the download
mirrors.

The Official Fedora Handbook - Fedora Core 6 - October 2006
(PDF version generated November 2006)

1. Introduction to Fedora Core 6
2. Installation - Everything explained with color screenshots to
illustrate the details.
3. Configuration - How to set up the Applications / Servers / Base /
Language Support
4. Exploration - Getting to know the Desktop GUI for both GNOME and KDE.
5. Projects - Different tasks that can be accomplished with the
Applications /  Add-Ons.
6. Advanced - Learning the Command Line and System Mechanics
7. Future Directions - What is being worked on for Fedora Core 7
8. Introduction to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Client/Server - Moving
to the next level
9. Conclusion

I would like to be in charge of the Introduction and Conclusion with
cool quotes from different sources.  This Handbook should be like
those "Dummies" books with little insights from the programmers on
why they put in this particular code.  There should be "side lines"
where a
lead programmer or Fedora enthusiast talks about WHY they use Fedora
Core instead of
some other competing Linux OS.  It would be wise to have HIGHLIGHTED
words in bold,
code in Typewriter Font, and references in Italic or in the color
blue.   Review the Ubuntu Handbook and the previous Fedora Core for
Dummies books for references to everything
I have mentioned.  I can be reached at markmc34 at verizon.net

Thank you for your time and attention!   Now, let's get to work!!!   :D

Mark McLaughlin - Writer / Fedora Core User / Mac User / Geekish Dude
in Hudson, MA, USA
marknetproductionsentrance.blogspot.com