Edward Gantt

edward.gantt at att.net edward.gantt at att.net
Thu Oct 12 22:15:17 UTC 2006

pub   1024D/B272018C 2006-10-12 [expires: 2007-10-12]
      Key fingerprint = B139 14B9 FAE4 A88A 0E6A  A1B9 C55A C7F1 B272
018C
uid                  Edward Gantt (fasteddie) <edward.gantt at att.net>
sub   2048g/E2E41DD7 2006-10-12 [expires: 2007-10-12]

1. Full Legal Name: Edward A. Gantt

2. City,Country: Rocklin, CA, USA

3. Status: Student, although I am presently setting up a consulting
           business. Check out http://www.infotechsource.biz for more
           details. I welcome comments about this website.

4. I am going to Heald College in Roseville, CA, studying computer
   security.

5. My goals:

   a. Writing documentation experience I could show to a prospective
      employer.
   b. Experience with participation on a team. One can't be a success
      in life being a "lone ranger."
   c. Making a contribution in the Linux community. Instead of
      complaining, I would like to do something.

6. My interests:

   a. Phone modem wireless communication from virtually anywhere
      using a Linux platform.
   b. Using Linux for entertainment, i.e. MP3 playback.
   c. Making Linux applications and data port over to Microsoft
      Windows environments.

7. My skills:

   a. I possess elementary word-processing, spreadsheet, and database
      skills.
   b. I know basic Linux commands.
   c. I am able to work from a standalone laptop PC with a solo FC4 OS.
   d. I can access the Internet from my FC4 laptop either at a coffee
      shop or at home.
   e. I believe that I am a good writer because I have done well in
      my English composition classes.
   f. My technical experience is mainly electronic instrumentation
      calibration and repair. I have written manual test procedures
      and have tested them. Some of the test software I used was based
      a UNIX platform
   g. I know a little bit about QBasic programming associated with
      MS-DOS.
   h. I have assembled and have repaired network coaxial cables. I also
      know how to make CAT5 cables.
   i. I am CompTIA A+ certified and Novell CNA certified.

8. Conclusion:

   I believe that participation in a Linux Project would be a rich and
   rewarding experience to supplement my educational experience at
   Heald College. I also think that Linux needs to be more competitive
   in the United States as far as the PC business is concerned, so I
   would like to help. In my view, this business seems to be dominated
   by Apple and Microsoft although this situation in all likelihood
   should change. I will do the best I can. I promise to remain humble
   because I don't know every thing. I will try to be respectful to
   all, so let me know how to address you in a manner that suits you.

Best regards to all,

Edward Gantt (just calling me Ed is ok)