new Firefox/splash page for FC6?

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Fri Sep 8 17:32:41 UTC 2006

O/H Paul W. Frields έγραψε:
> On Fri, 2006-09-08 at 02:46 +0100, Dimitris Glezos wrote:
>> O/H Karsten Wade έγραψε:
>>> You've got the right idea, let's do it.
>> Okey, it "tomorrow night". Here's a first version of the HTML/CSS:
>>
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DimitrisGlezos/SystemHomepage?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=fc6-browser-splash-v01.tar.gz
>>
>> Took the HTML/CSS from the release notes. Haven't check validity etc,
>> just quick coding to have something to show up in a browser.
>>
>> Comments?
>
> Looks like we may have to do this in DocBook to get translation done in
> a timely manner.  If you're not into DocBook XML, I can probably write
> it quickly from your mockup.  Before we can build, though, I need to
> figure out how exactly we're going to derive the @class attribute for
> the <a> elements from a DocBook XML attribute.  The first thing that
> comes to mind is XSL, but I want to see if I've overlooked a built-in
> method first.

Paul, the particular class attribute is not important. We can make it work with
a CSS selector like the following and eliminate the hard-coding of "class"
attributes:

  div.article a[href^="http:"] {
      background: url('images/external-link.png') right center no-repeat;
      padding-right: 12px;
  }

A lot of the code is likely to change, especially if it is something that causes
us problems (like this one), so I suggest we don't lose time in such issues
right now.

So, can you set up the docbook *base* for this doc? It will probably take you
less time than it will take you to clean the mess if I tried to set the files up. :)

If yes, don't engage with details, just the base.

-dim

--
Dimitris Glezos
http://dimitris.glezos.com/