new Firefox/splash page for FC6?

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Wed Sep 13 01:02:15 UTC 2006

O/H Paul W. Frields έγραψε:
> For now, Dimitris, go ahead and keep working on the page as static HTML
> content.  If/when you're done with your part and ready to have it edited
> and polished, send it to the list.

Okey, I just done v03 (v02 skipped). You can view it live here:

   http://dimitris.glezos.com/box/foss/fc6-browser-splash/

## Changes since v01:

   * Adopted the suggestions some people made (Karsten, Rahul, etc.)

   * Restructured HTML code, simpler and more modular to allow full CSS
control. Passed it through `tidy` too.

   * Page is now XHTML 1.0 Strict and follows Web Content Accessibility
Guidelines: Reaches "AAA" conformance (except 1 little spot). Hopefully,
DocBook will not completely break this.

## Open issues

   * Implement the javascript language-checking algorithm and give the
user the document in his language. Fallback to english if inexistent.

   * Just before the release, we need to change the "Other languages"
for each doc with the languages that will be included in the package.

   * Artwork team did not respond yet for changing the header etc. If we
are leaving the header like this, I need a higher resolution logo to
replace this blurred, resized one.

## Questions

   * Change the "Fedora system homepage" text? Rahul wonders if "system"
translates well. If yes, please give suggestions. I tried to eliminate
"Core".

   * Change the icons from Echo to Bluecurve? I think this is
unnecessary, because they are small in size and future-compatible ;-)

   * Should the language names be localized and not in english?

   * Are we going to have a local copy of the Installation Guide as well?

   * Rahul: Can the disclaimer be worded better to sound less throw away?

   * Are the links to "Other languages" really necessary?

-dim

--
Dimitris Glezos
Jabber ID: glezos at jabber.org, PGP: 0xA5A04C3B