[Fwd: [Fedora Project Wiki] Update of "Docs/Beats/Extras" by DavidWoodhouse]

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Sep 14 13:22:46 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-09-13 at 17:57 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> Not sure how we want to treat this... The Release Notes are explicitly
> about Fedora Core, and not Extras.

Perhaps we want to rethink that.  Since we tout that "with Yum in
Anaconda, it is all the same now," we might have to treat the relnotes
the same way.  I know that, by being on the system and all that, there
is an implicit connection between relnotes and installed system, but
with the lines blurring in the installation side, we need to consider
how to deal with it on the notes side.

One advantage of actually have the Docs/Beats/Extras section is that any
number of new pages could be added in that namespace.  We then get a
bunch of organized, useful, Extras release notes.

Personally, I'm curious to see where this takes us.  I was surprised at
the attention of Extras in the notes, and am curious what would happen
if we encourage Extras maintainers to use The Release Notes as their
release notes, too.

Karsten Wade, RHCE, 108 Editor    ^     Fedora Documentation Project