plone?

Sam Folk-Williams samfw at redhat.com
Sun Sep 24 16:04:33 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-09-24 at 21:25 +0530, Rahul wrote:
> Sam Folk-Williams wrote:
> > iirc there was talk months ago about switching from moin moin to plone.
> > i wasn't privy to the discussions around that, i just heard it was
> > happening. is that still planned? do we need help with that? or, was
> > that idea scrapped?
> >
> > sam
> >

> We still need help.
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Websites/PloneToDo

OK - reading that page brings me to another question I've had recently.
What defines the separation between fedora.redhat.com and
fedoraproject.org? I wonder if it's confusing to have both sites and if
fedoraproject.org shouldn't be the only/primary site here.

It sounds like the plan for plone is not to replace the wiki - i.e. we'd
still use moin-moin but some content would be in plone and some in moin
moin. Do we need further discussion around better defining the need for
plone, and what would be accomplished by having both systems in place?
Or how do we define what goes where? This could also be a good place to
discuss fedora.redhat.com..

Or maybe this is more of a mktg question. In any case, I can help with
the needed upgrades, etc.

Sam