want to mentor a GSoC project?

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Sun Apr 1 16:59:04 UTC 2007

We have several projects that have proposals in the Google Summer of
Code.  Right now, it looks as if we'll get three projects working this
summer.  Maybe four.

Obviously that's too many for just one person to mentor.  So this is
your lucky chance!

Aside from helping make a project happen, mentors get a GSoC t-shirt,
and a chance at other goodies.  Last year, I got to attend the Mentors
Summit with mentors from all over the world, and we met at the famous
Google campus in Mountain View.

If you are interested, contact myself and Patrick Barnes.  You'll also
need to apply to be a mentor for The Fedora Project via:

http://code.google.com/soc/mentor_home.html

You need to do this right away, so you can help with the proposal
selection process.  During this process, mentors work with students on
their active proposals, to work out which ones are accepted.

cheers - Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, RHCE, 108 Editor    ^     Fedora Documentation Project