Fedora 7 DUG

Bart Couvreur couf at skynet.be
Wed Apr 11 11:30:14 UTC 2007

John Babich schreef:
> On 3/29/07, Karsten Wade <kwade at redhat.com> wrote:
>> We need someone to step forward as a lead writer for the DUG.  Is that
>> John?  You certainly did the bulk of that work in the last months before
>> release.
>
> Now that I'm back from vacation, I'll be glad to serve as lead
> writer for the DUG.

Welcome back, hope you had a good time

>> For Fedora 7, we can address some of the issues that we've known about,
>> and which have come up in recent discussions:
>>
>> * Adding KDE
>> * Continue focusing around tasks (what you can do, how to do it)
>> * Push concept material (what is) to other documents
>>
>> For KDE, we'll need someone who knows KDE to write matching sections
>> with the equivalent software.  Anyone here interested?  Or do we need to
>> recruit someone?
>>

> I use GNOME, KDE and Xfce. I can contribute to KDE, but could
> use some help. I'm not sure how much of Xfce we can cover this time,
> but there are some avid users who would appreciate the coverage.
>
>> Bart has wrote down the process he used for converting the Wiki to XML.
>> While I'm tempted to keep it in XML and edit that directly, I wonder if
>> we'll still get more and better content if we use the Wiki and convert
>> in a few weeks.
>>

> I prefer editing the wiki, then converting it to XML as the final step.
> We also need to make sure that the link in the new default page
> is the correct one, so that we can avoid the complications with the
> Fedora Core 6 DUG links.

Probably best to work in the wiki. I presume it's the easiest the path
to go, and it gets more attention (RecentChanges / rss-feeds /
pagewatches etc). It's also easier to edit it and allows us to get other
guys with more experience, like the KDE sig, to get their content in.

I'm willing to do the conversion to XML again, if we have a nice defined
deadline, due to some heavy-loaded months coming up.

Bart

- --
Bart <couf at fedoraproject.org> <couf at skynet.be>
key fingerprint: 6AAB 544D 3432 D013 776D  3602 ADB6 6B2A D93F 0F93