DUG: Connecting to the Internet page skipped...

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 23:20:16 UTC 2007

> Karsten Wade wrote:
>

> > If we're not going to teach about the differences between the desktop
> > environments ... then why write about them in the first place?
>
> Good question. The difference between these approaches to me is that
> when I know that users are using GNOME I can just point them to the
> specific guide and not worry about them getting confused over the
> different desktop environments.
>
> Maybe that is not a big advantage but it is worth considering.

XSLT would help us over come this, so we authors could write the
documents as a unified whole, right?  The first chapter could include a
"How to identify your desktop" bit.  Each task could have a mini-ToC
pointing to the each of the 2+ sets of instructions.  Mind you, I don't
quite know how to accomplish this, but I'm confident it's possible.