Virtualization Fedora 7 release notes beat

Sam Folk-Williams samfw at redhat.com
Fri Apr 20 12:35:52 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-04-19 at 17:17 -0700, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-04-19 at 09:16 -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> > On Wednesday 18 April 2007 20:54:30 Paul W. Frields wrote:
> > > So, make a suggestion for fixing it then! :-)  We could move our
> > > timetable for final PO as long as it's OK by Jesse and RelEng.  I'm
> > > cc'ing him on this to get a call for how late he can reasonably take
> > > release notes material, and we can go by that.
> >
> > I can take release notes content pretty late in the process, so long as we all
> > know it's good.  A day or two after the final freeze even.
>
> OK, I already have the schedule marked to deliver f-r-n on the freeze
> date, so this means you're only giving us an extra day or two.  Don't
> take that as a complaint -- I understand the remainder of the time is
> for testing, disc manufacturing, and so forth.
>
> So "feature list fuzziness" or no, AFAICT the schedule we've got up is
> very reasonable, based on the release engineering schedule.  We still
> can do an additional update of release notes for Web only, which may not
> be marked yet on that schedule.  Any guides merely need to be in place
> by release date.  Given Jesse's statement above and the need to have a
> day or two of allowance, I think our schedule can stand as is.

I'm done with the virt notes. There was no additional feedback from the
virt team. The new quickstart guide has been created. I need to clean
this up a bit and move it into the proper FDP process (i.e. get
into /wiki/Docs and under the ACL). It's almost ready.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora7VirtQuickStart

Sam