introduction as wiki requests

David A Thompson thompson at fresno.edu
Mon Apr 23 23:31:00 UTC 2007

While I'm confident neither with regard to my talent nor the extent of my free
time (http://jmbuser.livejournal.com/1450.html), I certainly would like to
pitch in with the documentation project if there's a perception I might do
more good than damage.

I certainly have gotten a lot of mileage out of the Fedora project over the
past few years and, as a goal, would love to give a little back. Having a
substantial degree of scientific writing experience, I might be useful
with "volunteering to edit draft documents" or with "providing feedback on
the draft documentation published on the Wiki and the mailing list"
(http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/Join) if grammar/structure/clarity
issues are significant. On the other hand, If I sound relatively useless, I
won't be offended with a candid 'go away'.

pub   1024D/332685A5 2007-04-17
      Key fingerprint = B517 98A4 1109 A813 C8D1  95C4 728E 5444 3326 85A5
uid                  David A Thompson <thompson at fresno.edu>
sub   1024g/C86DB82C 2007-04-17

David Alan Thompson
--
Faculty in Biology

Fresno Pacific University
1717 S Chestnut Ave
Fresno CA   93702

559-453-5504
thompson at fresno.edu
http://biology.fresno.edu/thomp

PS Other 'introductory'-type material: I am a biologist/chemist by trade,
although I've been playing with computers back since trying to program my own
version of PacMan in machine language on my Commodore 64 back in junior high.
I've enjoyed using various versions of unix and linux back since my dad
bought me an old Sun in the 90's. These days my 'programming' efforts are
mostly confined to cheesy perl scripts and entertaining myself with lisp.