where to put this information

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Wed Apr 25 18:01:29 UTC 2007

I recently looked at a bug where somebody wanted to know how to
make lpr printers show up in the print dialogs, since in his
environment, lpr is used (bug 232009, if you are interested).
Our default printing configuration uses cups and we don't want to show
two printing systems in the print dialog by default, since that would
be confusing. It is however pretty easy to configure GTK+ to show
lpr instead of cups (or both, if you want) - if you know how to.

I wonder if we have a good place to put this kind of non-default
configuration information, maybe a howto section in the wiki, or
something like that ?

And what (if any) are the steps I should take to make sure that
useful information like this finds its way there ?

Thanks,

Matthias