DUG: Connecting to the Internet page skipped...

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Apr 12 18:13:39 UTC 2007

Karsten Wade wrote:

> I would extend this further to guess that those who aren't aware of the
> window manager differences use the default (GNOME).  So, this actually
> gives them an introduction to equivalency in KDE.
>
> How about a structure similar to this?
>
> = Task Foo =
>
> == Foo in Default Desktop ==
>
> <GNOME how to foo>
>
> == Foo in KDE Desktop ==
>
> <KDE how to foo>
>
> == Foo in Xfce ==
>
> <Xfce how to foo>

Have you considered a person who doesn't know the differences between
GNOME, KDE and XFCE? When the person comes across such structure it
become mandatory for the person to understand the differences between
these desktop environments and what he/she is running at present before
following the instructions in the guide.

Separate guides for each of the desktop environments can avoid this issue.

Rahul