Self-Introduction: Robert Pereira

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 14:48:24 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-04-14 at 11:30 -0300, Robert Pereira wrote:
> Hello!
>
> My name is Robert J. S. Pereira.

Hi Robert!

> I'm living at Salvador city in Brazil.

In that case, olá!

> I'm working as Linux Systems and Networks Administrator and Instructor
> for 6 years.
>
> My current employer is 3Consult Soluções de TI (http://www.3consult.com.br).
>
> I wish write documentation to Fedora Core targeting systems
> administrators that want use Fedora Core to deploy infrastructure
> solutions.
>
> I want collaborate also to generate a set of free training stuff
> Fedora Core based to able persons or organizations use it in small
> courses/trainings. I think that the result can be a greater number of
> users that really know Fedora Core.
>
> Other mine desire is colaborate to produce documentation in same level
> that official Red Hat Documentation.

You've come to the right place then.

> My experience in documentation tasks started in 1999 when I wrote my
> first training manual about Microsoft products. After this I produced
> several Linux and Networking training manuals. In my last
> documentation effort i wrote more than 240 pages to a non-official Red
> Hat Enterprise Linux training sponsored by SENAI (www.cni.org.br).
>
> Beyond write documents I'm a experienced Linux system administrator
> building and deploying solutions using, SAMBA, Apache, OpenLDAP, NFS,
> Sendmail, Netfilter/Iptables and several services, as well technical
> support.

We have among our draft documentation some plans for an Administration
Guide here:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/AdministrationGuide

Are you interested in working on that?  If so, and you've got your
account set up and the CLA finished, we can add you to the editing group
and you'll be ready to start.

> Another large part of my time is occupied by teaching in official
> Mandriva Linux trainings since 2002. I wish teach official Red Hat
> Trainings (certification need :P ).

Have you seen this then?

https://redhat.ats.hrsmart.com/cgi-bin/a/highlightjob.cgi?jobid=1960

> I have good skills in shell scripting (I think that this can be
> better) that help me too much in my job and my plans include update my
> scripting skills with Perl or Python.
>
> I believe that I can use my experience in training and Linux
> documentation to add value to this project and make it
> continuously better.

Welcome, Robert -- please get involved, and ask as many questions as you
want.  You can also find us on IRC, on irc.freenode.net at the
#fedora-docs channel.