FDSCo Meeting 2007-04-29 Summary
jmbabich at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 19:03:42 UTC 2007
Paul Frields (stickster)
Bob Jensen (BobJensen, EvilBob)
John Babich (jmbuser)
Dimitris Glezos (glezos)
Kushal Das (kushal)
Karsten Wade (quaid)
Bart Couvreur (couf)
Ville-Pekka Vainio (vpv)
Jonathan Roberts (jonrob)
1. F7 release notes status
* [stickster] Dumped an update for the postats (and a new, less
locally-dependent script) on the wiki last night: see
* The deadline is 2359 UTC on May 02 2007, so about 3.5 days left.
2. Discussion of completeness required for translations (part 1)
* 90% of translation is customary percentage to be considered
for inclusion in final release.
* New RPM with additional translations can be made for later spins
3. Guide schedule and status
* Docs team a little behind on guides due to new features in the distro.
* [stickster] Wrote email during meeting,
on great way to look at current state of docs by using yelp, the
GNOME help browser.
* [stickster] Continue work on Fedora Implementation Guide (FIG).
* [jmbuser] Continue update of Fedora User Guide (FUG).
* [JonRob) Get status on System Management Guide (SMG) from Rahul (mether).
* [glezos] Do an analysis of PO files completed.
4. Discussion of completeness required for translations (part 2)
* [all] If a translation is below 90%, but translator had to leave out
a section and would like a manual review, we should do so as a team.
* [glezos] Sent email during meeting on this topic to list,
5. F7T4 "release notes"
* [quaid] During meeting, mailed wwoods (cc: stickster and Jesse Keating)
concerning proper process for publishing official release notes.
Volunteer, Fedora Docs Project
More information about the fedora-docs-list