Getting Things Done

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Thu Aug 2 06:49:35 UTC 2007

Karsten Wade wrote:

> First, where is it written that value in Fedora is only measured in
> benefit to end-users?

This is the most obvious audience. Everything else is secondary
benefits. You might improve some workflow, some tools but these must be
side effects and not the primary focus IMO.

> /me wonders why the SELinux FAQ didn't make it into Rahul's list of
> useful stuff. ;-P

The wiki pages have a lot of good information now the SELinux FAQ is
abandoned.

  "There doesn't
> seem to enough interest or progress being made."
>
> Oh, uh, thanks?

Should be seen in context.

  Not, "discuss over the next
> week."  If you want to kick up shit over that decision, fine, but be
> aware YOU ARE CAUSING MORE WORK AND STRESS.

Just wondering loudly if I am the only one seeing the current situation
as a problem. Looks like it is now or alteast not many

> We supposedly already scare people are talking. with all our "barriers" and "tools"
> and "processes", do you really think new contributors are going to be
> comfortable with "anarchy"?

There is a lot of space in between anarchy and what we have now. There
have been alternative governance models in other distributions. A single
technical and non technical community team and a lead for example.  I
honestly dont see any advantage in having a steering committee in docs
as opposed to just a good documentation team with a lead.

Also my suggestion was limited to using existing resources in a
different way as opposed to recruiting more people.

Rahul