DUG = Gnome centric

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Fri Dec 21 16:53:38 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-12-21 at 16:56 +0900, Marc Wiriadisastra wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> Need a bit of feedback I know there was discussions about adding
> KDE/XFCE to the DUG did we get a definite response as to whether we were
> separating the KDE into a separate DUG or whether we were combining the
> whole lot?

Did we reach a consensus?  Not sure, to be honest.

My opinion is to put it all in one guide.  Use a regular structure that
presents information in the same order:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/DocTemplate

> The reason I ask this is because there are a lot of gnome centric lines
> in there which doesn't bother me but it may affect a new user.
>
> My thoughts simply put are create separate guides with overlaps such as
> copying everything and making a Fedora kde guide.

That is more work for not any more benefit (that I can see.)

> Would love feedback on this one because as I go through I'm trying to
> remember how KDE runs things.

Also remember not to duplicate what is already in the GNOME and KDE User
Guides.  We can cover something with a sentence and a pointer (deep
link) the appropriate upstream guide.

Karsten Wade, Developer Community Mgr.
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
gpg key : AD0E0C41