election calendar [RFC]

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Sun Dec 2 23:15:01 UTC 2007

Can we approve this ASAP?  I like what was suggested last week for
dates.

Nominations
  Open		05 December
  Close		12 December

Voting
  Open		14 December
  Close		24 December

We have three seats open for (re)election, currently held by:

        John Babich (jmbabich)
        Pawel Sadowski (mcgiwer)
        Bart Couvreur (couf)

These four seats are held until the next election:

        Paul W. Frields (pfrields)
        Karsten Wade (kwade)
        Dimitris Glezos (glezos)
        Robert 'Bob' Jensen (bjensen)

I just updated this:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/Policy/FDSCoElections

Voting system details may have changed, but the policy is otherwise
up-to-date.

One delta -- in that policy I put "last two weeks of November and May"
and no language about slipping as a regular event.  I mentioned one
historical slip for # of nominees, to fill the ticket for the
all-seven-seats that only happened one time.

After this election, the new FDSCo has to hold discussions with all
contributors and decide how we are cycling seats and how often we are
holding elections for the future.  This was a direction left by the
current FDSCo after the previous round of elections:  "After the next
election, review election policy and how often elections should be
held."

Source URLs:

Last election results announced:  http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-docs-list/2007-February/msg00164.html
Nominees page:  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/SteeringCommittee/Nominations