quote order (was [Fwd: [Fedora Project Wiki] Update of "Docs/Drafts/AdministrationGuide/UserAccounts" by VladimirKosovac])

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon Dec 3 19:54:38 UTC 2007

The correction below brings up a small thing we can be consistent about,
but first we can decide how we prefer it.

So let's vote!  (+1 for your preference)

su -c 'command -c "quoted text" foo'
su -c "command -c 'quoted text' foo"

In other words:

" '' "

... or...

' "" '

;-) Karsten

- su -c "/usr/sbin/useradd -c "Luke McAlister" -g primary -G additional,another -d /home/second -s /bin/tcsh luke2"
+ su -c "/usr/sbin/useradd -c 'Luke McAlister' -g primary -G additional,another -d /home/second -s /bin/tcsh luke2"
  }}}

  {{{
- su -c "/usr/sbin/usermod -c "Luke McAlister" luke"

--
Karsten Wade, Developer Community Mgr.
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org