Voting System Conflicts

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Dec 12 19:07:12 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-12-12 at 07:06 -0800, Karsten Wade wrote:
> As per this consensus, we'll proceed until the previously decided
> nomination closing time (23:59 UTC today) to see if enough candidates
> appear to stand for FDSCo election.  If not, we'll postpone FDSCo
> elections until the end of the month, freeing up the voting system for
> others to use.

I'm a bit torn here, showing my indecisive side quite clearly:

* We have not enough candidates for an election (3 nominations, 3 seats,
so voting isn't useful)

* To fill up the nominations is feeling very rushed, with four hours
left to go

* People on this project are not fully aware of the election

* Serious people have put up their names for nomination, and they
deserve respect and a fair/useful election

* Putting off until 24 Dec. or later for elections really means we want
to wait until the New Year, which is _very_far_off_ our schedule of
"just after the release."  Oops.

* FAMSCo seems ready to go and chomping at the bit

* If we postpone we risk losing the momentum we have

* Someone is potentially upset with the outcome no matter what the
decision

Oops, sorry, the last point is just my "place of always being stuck" as
a leader. :)

Tick tick tick ...

Karsten Wade, Developer Community Mgr.
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org